Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rockin the Urban

I liked the William Shatner version of Rockin' the Suburbs. I really did. And I enjoyed your collaboration with Tim & Eric. It was creepily charming. And yours & Rufus's sweet 80's bubblegum pop duet certainly complimented each other's gusto well. I was on emotional roller coaster from start to finish with that little ditty.

But please Ben, the next time you feel the urge to collaborate, do think twice. I mean Regina? I thought bitches ain't shit? It wasn't awful, but there just wasn't enough juxtaposition between your styles of singing to prevent it from getting painfully old after a while.


And then I heard what you did. I'd know that piano pounding pop anywhere. If you think you can fool me, you don't know me......at all.

Sha-mon, Ben Folds, sha-mon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLF0sZvhmgs


I am shocked. I am broken. I am confused.
I am reminded of the Christian hip hop group, Gritz.
I am.... scared it will grow on me.

Its lyrics are uplifting. Its beat is catchy. Its not Regina Spektor.


But when did you become one of the chipmunks? First you released a fake album. Then you released a real album that had two songs I liked. You deceived me and disappointed me. Now you've forgotten you're male, middle class, and white. Why do I still love you unconditionally?

Oh Benny, you may be easily forgiven, but please, stick to rockin' the suburbs.

No comments: